Smaragd Gasser

David Sweatt dsweatt at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 8 07:40:40 AKDT 2003

Several months ago there was topic on here about the magazines not giving
pattern enough coverage and exposure..Well I picked up the new RCM and it
had a Smaragd on the cover. Upon futher reading not only that it was
gasoline powered..Being new to pattern I'm curious..why?
Are gas engines getting that lightweight that the power to weight ratio is
better? Is it because they are cheaper and fuel is cheaper? I'm just curious
as to why one would purchase such an "elite" kit if you will and stick a
gasser on the nose. Are FAI electric planes next? Thanks for the
input..David Sweatt

# discussion-request at nsrca.org