Furgang for the Transmitter

D Suding junk at velocitus.net
Mon Apr 7 12:49:57 AKDT 2003

Here is Furgang's response (does that guy have the coolest name or what?):

Hi Dennis,

There are very few chargers that will handle Li-Ion cells.  These cells
are unlike
NiCd's or NiMH's.  They can not be overcharged or trickled.  Doing so will
cause
an early failure.  The chargers are designed to charge the cells and shut off
exactly when the pack is full.  Should the you leave the pack on the charger
after it is charged nothing will happen.

The Tx packs is redundant so that should a cell fail you still would have
more than enough power to fly with.  They consist of  two banks of 3 cells
each.  It is a 10.8V square pack, fully charged is 12.6V.  The charger is
designed for this pack.

Hope this helps you understand why we have dedicated chargers.

Have a great day.

Bern

>Bern!

>I love the pack. I want one for my transmitter. Do I need a dedicated
charger for >both? Do I really need a dedicated charger for the plane? I
would like to hook up my >microprocessor charger to the plane.

# discussion-request at nsrca.org