Pipe coupler

wgalligan wgalligan at cnbcom.net
Mon Apr 7 09:56:54 AKDT 2003

After following this post for awhile I have to agree with Allen here.  I had the blue silicon coupler on my ST and Mac pipe and it was aboutt 2 1/2 inches bewtween the header and pipe(due to a blunder on my part in shortening the header too much).  This held up for over 100 flights and was still going strong till it went in last month.  Perhaps the extra length let the whole setup give with engine movement.  I currently use a D.B. hush mount slightly back of the center of the pipe and the blue coupler on my O.S. setup ( 1/2 space bewtween header/pipe) and this type of mount allows enough freedom of movement.

Wayne

# discussion-request at nsrca.org