AMA Magazine Article - the paragraph

Larry Diamond jed241 at email.msn.com
Mon Sep 30 14:26:45 AKDT 2002

The problem isn't that it was published. The problem is that it ever
happened in the first place. You can't stop all of it. I went to a clubs R/C
Airshow and was impressed with a IMAC's Pilot flying in Sportsman Class.
When I asked him about Pattern, I got an unexpected response then walked
away. The response was...

"If you want to fly real precision you need to stay away from Pattern. IMAC
Planes are models of real planes to be flown like real planes. Pattern
planes are toy planes which are toy models designed to fly straight so the
pilot don't have to work to fly maneuvers."

The only way to counter the bad press phenomena is to promote with good
press. Advertise the NSRCA and Pattern. Apply peer pressure when someone
steps out of line...Only takes on bad apple....

Larry