Tubing Beader

David Harmon k6xyz at attbi.com
Sun Sep 29 20:18:52 AKDT 2002

Thanks Verne....I stopped into Earls Friday and took a look at those
beaders but
wanted to get your opinion. I was a little skeptical about it because it
did not have
any support on the OD of the tube. I wonder what tool NMP uses to bead
the headers
sold by Central...guess I'll have to call Al to find out.
The NMP header and extensions have a really good looking bead and upon
close inspection
it is apparent that there is OD support of the tube as evidenced by a
small tooling mark
on the base of both sides of the bead.
The WANCO unit does look pretty good but I dunno if I want to spend $137
on that thing
but if I have to I guess I will. At least I would be able to get rid of
all the worm drive
hose clamps along with the weight.
	Thanks
		Dave