AMA Magazine Article

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Sep 28 16:03:50 AKDT 2002

Tom and Marty,

A little perspective is in order. Someone asked me a long time ago, when I
first got interested in Pattern, "why do you take it so seriously? It is just
flying model planes"

He was right in asking. When you really get right down to it, we are only
flying model airplanes. It doesn't put food on the table and for most of us,
it doesn't make us a dime. It's the greatest hobby around, to be sure, and we
all love it, but it is still "Flying Model Planes". Some people tend to
forget that sometimes, and will get ugly with others on occasion.

The best thing you can do as a Pattern Competitor is to treat every one else
in the Hobby, with courtesy and respect. And be as helpful as you can to
others less experienced than you, if they ask for the help.

I don't know Mike Hurley, and I feel bad that he wrote what he did. Who knows
his motivation for taking a swing at Pattern? Did he realize he was doing
that by his writing? If anyone is trully interested in his meaning, try
contacting him

Matt Kebabjian