K-Factor vision of the future.

Ernest Schmidt ernest at pldi.net
Wed Sep 25 12:21:24 AKDT 2002

NO Some of us will be left with rotten 1940 phone lines that will not
support faster then 14K.

From: ArestiPattern at aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:58:47 EDT
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Subject: Re: K-Factor vision of the future.

I agree, an online K-Factor would be the way to go.  IMAC has done a great
job with their website as well.

What is most exciting about this sport and the web, is the ability to
interact with other modelers.  I find great message boards for all SIGS like
RCCA, IMAC and NMPRA....and even SPADS...lol...you know, the cheap coroplast
and pvc gutterpipe wonders?  I was surprised, after my recent membership
renewal, that NSRCA had no such message board, only an old fashioned 'mail
forwarding' function.....BLAH.

Tony, if you are President (you get my vote) i'd explore hooking up with RC
Universe for all messages about pattern and NSRCA.  Also, IMAC and RCCA now
have an agreement with RC Excellence magazine to publish their newsletter
within its bimonthly publication.

The web can pump a tremendous amount of adrenaline back into the sport of
pattern flying, lets utilize it to its fullest.  If there are guys whom
still resist buying a computer and going online (kinda like the old vinyl
record album vs. compact disk days....lol) then they will be left to bear
the cost of paper newsletters, not the rest of us with our 'wizbang dell
whatevers'.

Rick Hannah
St. Joseph, Michigan
NSRCA 753