Venus 40 as PatternPlayPlane?

Chuck Czarnik cczarnik at arclp.com
Sun Sep 22 05:13:37 AKDT 2002

 I've got one with an OS 70 4 stroke.  It's a great setup, good all around
play plane.  Weight with that big motor is 5.45 lb, with a huge 1800
battery.  Hovers at 1/2 throttle.  Only habit is that it has slight pull to
the belly on knife edge.  Another person at our field *had* one with a 46
FX.  Flew very well, but he folded the wing inflight just outboard of the
belly pan :(.  I have glass on my wing root so hopefully that won't happen.
I would recommend the plane overall.  Chuck