Pattern Fun / scribe

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Sat Sep 21 12:10:56 AKDT 2002

--On Saturday, September 21, 2002 2:56 PM -0500 Bill Glaze <billglaze at triad.rr.com> wrote:

> To add to what Ron says:
> I feel that, in some cases, a judges request to have maneuvers called
> loudly enough for him to hear, is indicating a lack of knowledge of the
> sequence by the judge.  ...

I scribed for a judge at the Hamburg contest who was
a little rusty judging Masters (he flew advanced).
He asked me to quietly call the next maneuver after
writing down the score for the previous.  After a
couple of rounds, he said, "OK, I've got it" and
all I did was scribe after that.  Maybe once or
twice he asked what a maneuver was supposed to have
been because the pilot muffed it.

					Marty #2874

# discussion-request at nsrca.org