4-Strokes .vs. 2-Strokes, was new things available in Japan

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Wed Sep 18 04:39:55 AKDT 2002

--On Wednesday, September 18, 2002 1:04 AM -0700 Bjorn Lehnardt <blehnardt at att.net> wrote:

> I'm thinking a bit bigger than the MVVS for both the engine and airframe.
> I think 40cc is the minimum viable size for a competitive gasoline engine.

I saw a post from Dick Hanson or Bob Pastorello that said the
same thing.  It came to late to save me.  I'd already bought
the 26cc and am grimly determined to play with it for a while
before moving up in class.  :o)

> The smaller ones are interesting, just not suitable for my goals.

I got the engine and pipe from Pé Rievers because a club
member had good service from him, too.  I'm getting some
hand-holding from my buddy.  This is my first gasser.

> I hoping to try it soon.  In 5 years there should be some very
> interesting things going on.

It's a great time to be in the hobby!

					Marty #2874
# discussion-request at nsrca.org