4-Strokes .vs. 2-Strokes, was new things available in Japan

GW gw at gwair.com
Tue Sep 17 04:49:04 AKDT 2002

Bob,
I find just the opposite myself. I guess everyone has their own noise likes and dislikes.
I still do not like the screaming piped 2 Stroke 60's, But men like Mike Hester and Emery Schroter from D3  have very nice planes, with very quiet 2S setups. Very pleasant tones from the exhaust, and near inaudible from 170M.( At least for me )
Not the old peaky 2S sound of days gone by, more like a mellow hum. Sweet! and alot less trouble than any 120+ 4S I ever had.
Not trying to shoot down, the 4S. Seems 90% of them run good, But the 120+ 4S's I had fell in the 10% losers bracket.
Interesting we are returning to 2S and fixed gear. Like years gone by ,  Maybe we should all get some station wagons to haul our planes , and flat top haircuts . Be like the 1960's all over again   : o

Later,
GW
Gerald Williams
Webpage :  www.gwair.com