North Dallas Contest

Gene Maurice Gene.Maurice at attbi.com
Mon Sep 16 19:20:09 AKDT 2002

Adam,

We ran two lines, started flying Saturday about 9:45. The field faces east
so the sun is a problem in the morning, people are use to it down here and
just suffer through it. Finished Saturday completing 4 rounds in all classes
and the fifth round of Masters by 6:45 PM. Had the first wheels up Sunday
morning at 9:02 AM. Last pilot landed at just a little before 1:00 PM,
awards ceremony completed and contestants on the road by 1:30 PM.

This get done through a lot of hard work by the contest staff and absolutely
great cooperation from the contestants. Pilots and callers being ready to go
when it their turn to fly and judges there and ready when called upon are
the key. I feel that the reason people go to a contest is to fly and if the
weather gives you a break, you need to allow everyone to fly as much as
possible.  BTW the weather his weekend was nearly perfect!

Gene Maurice
gene.maurice at attbi.com
Plano, Tx
AMA 3408