50 vs 60 cycles

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon Sep 16 07:54:23 AKDT 2002

Years ago, my dad had a European electric clock.  Geared for 50 cycles,
it sure ran fast on 60 cycles.  I have no idea about the 240 vs. 120
volt situation.  (I was about 6 years old at the time.)
But, I have looked at several of my battery chargers for Digital camera,
electric shavers, etc. and they say that they are good for 240 volts.
I did have an electric shaver years ago that my friend unthinkingly
plugged  in an outlet in London; notice I said I "did" have
I have been told that many of the present electrical peripherals such as
chargers have been manufactured to work with both currents.

Bill Glaze