50 vs 60 cycles

John Gayer jgghome at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 15 07:59:53 AKDT 2002

Wade,

After years of living in England and Australia, I would suggest the
following.
Forget the TV- Even if you work out the power requirements with a
transformer, the broadcast system is probably different.
Forget the Microwave.  The power requirements are pretty steep.
The computer should just need new power cords from a local source.
Almost all computer power supplies are switchable.
Get a stepdown transformer with appropriate plugs in Thailand. Use this
for chargers,a dremel and any other small appliances. In general the 50
cycle power is not a problem but the transformer will not change the
frequency.
Purchase or rent the TV and microwave in Thailand.

John Gayer