JR DS8411/DS8411SA Warning!

Van - E-Mail LIST extra330 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Sep 11 17:30:28 AKDT 2002

I just pulled this from the Horizon Site:

Notice to Helicopter Pilots using JR 8411/8411SA Digital Servo (DS)  [ top ]

As a result of our own investigations and feedback we have received from
websites such as RC Universe and Run Ryder, Horizon and JR have dedicated
all of our available resources to investigating reports of motor failures in
our 8411 digital servos when used in helicopter applications.

Our findings thus far have revealed that only a small number of 8411 DS
motors have failed. However, Horizon is taking these claims of failure very
seriously - any failure is one too many. All additional findings will be
immediately shared with you on this site so please check back soon for
updates.

Please know that your safety and trust is our foremost priority and will not
be compromised or taken for granted. We are committed to providing only the
best products and service available in the RC industry so if you have ANY
questions or concerns regarding your 8411/8411SA servos being used in a
helicopter application, please do not hesitate to call our product support
staff at (877)504-0233.

Van Flowers
AMA: 6216 IMAC: 2229
IMAA: 26019 NSRCA: 2778