Sheeting the Wings

Van - E-Mail LIST extra330 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Sep 9 07:55:40 AKDT 2002

George,

There is no hardener in Pro Bond. I use it all the time , and I live in
Tampa, FL. It's a polyurethane glue, and it uses moisture to cure. It foams
up as it cures. Normally I use it on the 35 or 40% wing panels that I build
for the Carden stuff. It's fantastic. Excellent penetration in the foam, and
once it is on, the skins are not leaving the foam . . . .ever.

My workshop is a 24' by 40' that has garage doors that open on both side for
breeze, or plane access ( the 40% stuff requires it ) I do my sheeting in
this building, and it works out great. I use a very thin coat ( spread with
a BONDO spreader ) on the sheeting and the foam. On the 40% wings, I then
put about 200 lbs of block on them over night. ( The panels have a 1/2 thick
piece of plywood on the top and bottom of the panel. The blocks are added to
the plywood, not directly to the panel.

This works REALLY well

Van Flowers
AMA: 6216 IMAC: 2229