Euro Champs and F3A

Nik Middleton middletn at spinmail.com
Mon Sep 9 01:41:29 AKDT 2002

Spent a very enjoyable week in Zamora, Spain, at the Euro Champs last week.
One of the questions I put to members of the F3A sub committee where
questions regarding noise limits etc.

Here's the latest unofficial thinkings.

There will be no lowering of the noise limit, in fact it may be scrapped all
together !  The thinking behind this is a)  It's served it's purpose, b)
there is concern about falling numbers.  Loud draws crowds at events.
Heresy for some, but there you have it.

There is likely to be a proposal to remove the weight limit so that gasoline
engines can be used (apparently methanol is a problem in some influential
areas)

Non of the above can be implemented for at lease 2 years.

I will be posting a power point presentation drawn up by the chief F3A judge
Bob Skinner, on PO3 shortly.

Noticeable things at the Champs.  Dingo's are here big time.  Distances
flown are 120m baseline by top pilots.  Minimal elevator used on snaps.

In judging workshop,  smooth and grace ranked higher than positioning!

rgds

# discussion-request at nsrca.org