Li-Ion packs

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Fri Sep 6 11:00:18 AKDT 2002

>Thanks Jim.
>
>Ive been curious what a discharge curve looks like for
>these batteries, anyone seen one?

My experience is that it's pretty constant (but not level), similar
to a lead-acid battery (which makes it very predictable).  As far as
I can tell (and I've run my Li-ion packs from Bern Furgang at
http://www.superbatterypacks.com down to slightly less than 6.6v) it
stays pretty linear with no discernable change in slope.

I eMailed Bern about this and he replied with, "I would not go below
the 6V threshold as you could loose the pack.  7.2V is a very safe
low end.  If you are at 6.6V you are OK."

Before I purchased the Li-ion pack/charger I consulted with Jim
Oddino as he had some experience with them.  He indicated that he was
favorably impressed.  I purchased the bx & charger in late June, and
at this point, I am too.

Jerry

--
Jerry Budd