Noise measuring and devices

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Fri Sep 6 10:09:04 AKDT 2002

All I can say is that the $75 Radio Shack digital meter is ballpark only.
It is calibrated to +/- 3dB! I double checked the one I bought for my club
against an identical one owned by someone else and they were alway 1-2 dB
different. Earl haury and Mike Harrison showed me their models that were
$220 and +/- 1dB but I cannot remember the make/model. Both of theirs
registered exactly the same when we were testing at a Texas contest. In
short do not get the Radio Shack and depend on it.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

Woodward James R Civ 412 TW/DRP <James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil>