Builders

Amir Neshati amirn at flash.net
Fri Sep 6 01:33:55 AKDT 2002

One friendly note about one of the recommended builders. I won't mention his
name, but his initials are Sam Turner. Wonderful man and very reliable who
did
nice work, however, as of the past couple of years, he has not been
reliable.

Around three years ago, three of us fliers in northern California sent Sam
either
fuselages or kits to frame and/or finish to a turn-key stage. Well, the
short of it is
that we still don't have our planes. A total of four planes/jobs of ours are
still with
Sam. And, there is a number five. A completed friend's plane, ready to fly,
was
returned for a small change over two years ago, and that's not back
yet...the work
would have required an evening's time......I guess days are long in Florida
;-)

As of nearly two years ago, Sam wouldn't respond to our e-mails. We simply
and nicely
reminded Sam that it's okay if he doesn't have time to build and that we
would pay
for the shipping to have everything sent back to us.....Well, nothing.....we
tried calling
and more e-mails, but no answer.....So, the frustrating part is that neither
of us four have
had any contact with Sam, nor have we received our kits or fuselages....

Now, we have all tried diligently to make this work behind the scenes, but
no results
yet.......Also, I sent money to another builder for a kit nearly five years
ago, whose name
I  won't mention here, but his initials are Henry Piorun, and he hasn't made
good on his
deal yet either....I guess I'll just have to keep on flying the old,
faithful magic carpet a
while longer......

I have dealt with builders who have delivered a few months later than
promised, but never
lost contact and still answered the phone, or managed to reply the
occasional e-mail and
showed signs of real effort!

I guess it doesn't matter how well one builds, if we don't receive it....

Have fun,
Amir

# discussion-request at nsrca.org