Electric Practice plane

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Oct 31 15:51:58 AKST 2002

In a message dated 10/31/2002 10:30:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
anthonyr105 at hotmail.com writes:

> Subj: Electric Practice plane
>  Date: 10/31/2002 10:30:39 AM Eastern Standard Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:anthonyr105 at hotmail.com">anthonyr105 at hotmail.com</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>

> Has anyone flown the Wattage Tangent? How is the E-Alliance? Loosing my
> local field and looking for a winter plane to practice advance/masters.
>
> TIA
>
> Anthony

Don't know what the answer to your question is Anthony except I have a piece
of news I would like to share with all on E-flying.

Last weekend at Ron Ellis' contest in Melbourne, FLA, I saw a trully awsome
display of 3D style flying with a 12 pound Funtana model.  I'm talking high
Alpha rolling circles similar to the type Quique has made famous, Walls right
on the deck, into Hover flight, then Acceleration straight up. This was
electric flying

The fellow, Gary Wright, had just returned from the TOC where he performed
demos between rounds. I had a lengthy conversationwith him where he shared
his statistics: Hacken motor, 20x8 e-apc prop, and 30x3000 ma NiMH Panasonic
cells (45 volts at full charge) All up, he stated the motor was 23 ozs and
the battery was 4 lbs. His static thrust was 18 lbs, so small wonder he could
hover the 12 lb Funtana. The whole power plant, I think he said, would cost
about 500$ US.

I want one for a pattern model

Matt Kebabjian