K-Factor Pattern an invisible group

GeorgeF. av8tor at flash.net
Thu Oct 31 09:25:17 AKST 2002

Got it and thanks.

Being that I was HEAVY into pattern many years ago and then quit the
results of that survey is not surprising at all.   Local support and
interest just wasn't there.

After moving to Florida I had thoughts of re-entering the sport and again
find that there is just no local support or interest not to mention the sky
high price of todays equipment to be competitive.  While for me money is
not much of a concern however I feel it is the high cost of being
competitive which actually leads to the issue of "no local support and
interest".  As shown by the survey the #2 reason was equipment costs.

After seeing some of the rules that some members what changed in the name
of "allowing more people to fly pattern" these are simply excuses to get a
rule change passed.   In the past nearly every rule change (ie: engine size
& aircraft size) which was meant to increase pattern involvement has
not.  In fact the long-term effect of those rule changes did nothing but
increase the cost of being competitive.

George
NSRCA member since 1990

# discussion-request at nsrca.org