Electric Practice plane

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 08:31:53 AKST 2002

The Alliance is a good flying plane, but very light.
Anything above a slight wind will bounce it around.
Mine WAS powered with an Aveox 2713 2Y and Castle
Creations Pheonix 25 with a 3:1 gear drive, APC 7X5,
Sanyo CP1300 8 cell battery.  Performance was very
good, but verticle lines with rolling elements are
definately a challenge. You need to give it all the
rudder throw you can when you build it.

About the "WAS powered", one of my homemade 8 cell
packs failed very shortly after launch. No motor, no
radio. Smashed the fuselage in front of the wing. I am
debating whether to fix it, start over, or put the
motor/controller in a Zagi.

--- Anthony Romano <anthonyr105 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone flown the Wattage Tangent? How is the
> E-Alliance? Loosing my
> local field and looking for a winter plane to
> practice advance/masters.
>
> TIA
>
> Anthony

> Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try
> MSN.

> # discussion-request at nsrca.org
> # and put leave discussion on the first line of the
> body.
> #

=====
Bob Kane