YS 140 DZ refuelling system

Tomanek, Wojtek tomanekw at saic-abingdon.com
Mon Oct 28 05:12:34 AKST 2002

Isaac

Here is what I did.  I used two fueling dots (just the frame part that
attaches to the fuze wall) and I did run a fuel tube from the tank to the
fueling dot to the outside of the fuselage.  On the outside it connects to a
small fuel filter.  Second fuel tube runs from that fuel filter through
second fuel dot frame to the DZ pump nipple (I also have another fuel filter
in the engine compartment).  When I fuel up I break the connection behind
the filter outside of the fuselage  and pump the fuel (at this point there
is no connection to the DZ pump so it will never flood) in to the tank and
then reconnect.  You could use a piece of brass or plastic tube instead of
the filter outside the fuselage.  Remember to run vent tube out of the fuel
tank to outside of the plane.   If you like the finished fuel dot with a
standard "T" connection, most of the folks are using hemostats to clamp the
fuel line going to the DZ pump.

Hope this helps.

Wojtek