bureaucratic organization!

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sat Oct 26 08:57:39 AKDT 2002

Certainly not original thinking on my part, but identifying similar
organizations who are having current success in the areas we want to
increase, would be a good way to start.  Polls are interesting and
useful, and sometimes indicative, but in many cases it is difficult to
really pinpoint the truth.  Problem is, analysis of information
obtained.
Some respondees themselves may not be able to answer the question of why
they dropped out; another difficulty is that there probably could be
1,000 different answers from 1,000 different people.
I was favorably impressed by the K-Factor poll I received; it at least
recognizes there is, in fact, a problem. I feel it was very well done.
Bob's idea of a poll is a good start; at least it isn't addressing the
choir, it is addressing former choir members to find out why they quit,
and addressing other members of the congregation to find out why they
haven't joined the choir.
I have doubts about the number of responses; I certainly hope they are
many.  That in itself will be interesting.

Bill Glaze