YS bearing replacement

Ronald H. Filteau filteau at sk.sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 22 18:23:36 AKDT 2002

Hi Dave

I replace my bearings by removing all rubber and plastic parts first of.
I then remove the crank shaft.  Put engine in oven at about 400 d  for
about 20 minutes and then gentle tap the back on some soft would.  The
bearings should drop right out.  I then use a dowel of wood to gentle
tap out the front bearing.  Repeat the order when replace the bearings
Heat the case and use the crank shaft to line the bearings in to place.
Use the thrust washer and old prop to pull the bearings into place.

Ron F