Kfactor

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Wed Oct 16 14:10:05 AKDT 2002

Thomas C. Weedon wrote:

> We now have a new publisher. His name is John Avery and he has his own
> publishing and printing company, called Avery Publishing, near Knoxville,
> Tn. He has all the machines required to start set-up and printing as soon as
> he get the material from Brian Clemmons. Brian will help out for a few
> months until John learns the Pattern Plan for our magazine. John has many
> years experience in the publishing and printing business, so I believe we
> can count on him for many years to come.
> Meanwhile, Brian has an issue ready to go. He just needed the label list
> from the Data Base. I sent that to him this morning. Let's hope we can get
> this one out by this week end, then John should have the next one out by the
> second week in November.

What Tom failed to mention is that he did all the 'heavy lifting' on
getting the new publisher.  Kudos to Tom Weedon for making the K-Factor
viable again.

With a professional publisher, rather than a volunteer whose personal
life was captured by the K-Factor, the only delays in publishing the
K-Factor should be our own fault.

Our outgoing K-Factor publisher, Brian Clemmons, went into the K-Factor
publishing job with his eyes open, knowing that changes in his
professional life could cause problems.  Well, his employer decided that
he wanted more, then more, of Brian's time and something had to give.
To Brian's credit, he gave as much of himself as he could to the
K-Factor's publication and will still provide assistance in the
transition period.  Thanks Brian.

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org