BARKS contest, Graham, NC

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 16 07:44:54 AKDT 2002

The Barks field is on the top slight rise and surrounded by low crops.The
nearest trees are close to 1/4 mile.

Piedmont Models is contributing a kit as a door prize. The elgibilty for the
door prize will be limited to registered and participating pilots.

Piedmont is also the major contributor of the Pig Pick on Saturday night.
The local club members and the field neighbors have been invited.

The weather looks like it will be good by this weekend other than
unseasonably chilly, probably mid 60's.
The experienceof living between the mountains and the ocean on the piedmont
has not led to a lot of confidence in weather forcasts!

There is no electricity at the field. We do have a modest shelter and a
commercial Potty.

I plan to stay on site in my motor home from Friday afternoon until it is
over on Sunday. Usually there are several fliers who choose to leave their
trailers on site for the duration.

The entry fee is $30 and the trophies are through fifth place.

Y' all come!

John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283