BARKS contest, Graham, NC

RUDDERCABL at aol.com RUDDERCABL at aol.com
Tue Oct 15 16:15:34 AKDT 2002

In a message dated 10/14/02 9:52:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
getterflash at yahoo.com writes:

<< I am planning on making the trek deep into D2 for this
 contest, just not ready to hang up the planes yet. Can
 anyone familiar with the area tell me about the
 contest site?  Thanks. >>

Bob

Just how deep is the trek ?
The field is a nice grass site. Smooth with velcro sticky grass. The runway
is a little
on the short side as far as length is concerned , but not unmanagable . A
nice place to fly.
Barks is home to Dave Guerin and Lee Davis and the site where Piedmont Models
does their testing. Gary Harris and John Ferrell fly at Barks also. They are
the CD and Co-cd .
Directions and contact info are at
http://home.nc.rr.com/peterc/barksdirections.html
The contest is the D2 finally and district championship.

Robert Gainey
# discussion-request at nsrca.org