Tour of All Petite - virus warning - new info and a request for all

John Petterson rcpilotjohn at wideopenwest.com
Sun Oct 6 12:29:45 AKDT 2002

Marty,

OK that would be a good point. Let me ask this - I received two emails
that were trimmed by the virus scanning software, one with the topic
"Tour of all Petite" and one with "Re:" appended to the beginning of
that same topic:

To                      From              Date
discussion at nsrca.org    anthonyr105       Fri 10/4/2002 15:55
discussion at nsrca.org    Del Rykert        Sat 10/5/2002 08:05

(Don’t anyone get hyper, I am not accusing anyone of sending them just
reporting what Outlook is showing me.)

Could I ask anyone else who received one or both of these emails to
reply directly to me (rcpilotjohn at wideopenwest.com) and send me the
header from that email (if you still have it around). Forwarding the
email won't help as the header is recreated and the old one is lost. If
you use Outlook, you can select View - Options and the header will
appear in a little scroll window on the pop-up. Not sure about other
email clients. I want to do a little analysis of these headers.  And if
no one else got them, I will start to believe I know less about this
than I thought and tha tit might have come from elsewhere.

This email address is relatively new, I changed ISPs about 5 months ago,
and I only use this one for various r/c mailing lists. To the best of my
recollection I have never before this weekend received a direct email
from Del, Anthony, or anyone at eatel.net, so it is very unlikely that
my email address was in their address books. That is why I am puzzled
about how I would have received these emails unless it was through the
list. Unless someone out there has both my address and the other people
listed above in their lists, which is a possibility I guess. Anyone who
does should probably run a quick scan. There is a free download at
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bugbear@mm.h
tml that will check and clean your system.

John