K-factor- overseas members perspective

Mark Wendt wendt at kingcrab.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Oct 4 06:01:19 AKDT 2002

Eric,

         I didn't mean the contest results weren't important.  I just meant
the members may be better served by having the results in a quicker fashion
by posting them to the web site.  Since the K Factor comes out monthly, in
most cases by the time the contest results are seen, the results are
already, in many cases, old.  And the gist of my post was if the NSRCA was
to limit the number of issues of the K Factor per year, the results would
be even older by the time the newsletter was received by the
member.  Keeping a district-by-district results page on the web site would
allow more timely dissemination of the results.  Folks could check on
Monday morning, for instance, about a contest held that weekend.  I would
think that would make the contest results cravers even happier.  More
current up-to-date results, without having to wait until the next months
newsletter came out.  And it would allow the K Factor  to publish on a
smaller schedule, if that's the road the SIG wishes to take to save money.

Mark

# discussion-request at nsrca.org