Aresti 40

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Thu Oct 3 10:19:06 AKDT 2002

Larry,
I can give you a little feedback on the MDS-58. I purchased one last
winter to power my Javelin.The 58 is in a small case so it's lighter
than most 60's, however, if you decide to purchase one be sure that
you get one that says on the box "with the new C2 carbureter". The
regular carb that originally came with the engine seems to have had
too big a throat size and when you tried to do an outside loop it
would almost quit. Sharp pullouts would also produce the same
results.Power is pretty good but maybe a tad shy of a standard size
60.
I know you said that you don't want a four-stroke but I have a
friend who has an OS-70 surpass in his Aresti and I think his
vertical is better than my Javelin, which is almost unlimited.
I would like to add that I have about 4 other MDS engines which I
have been very happy with.
Georgie

# discussion-request at nsrca.org