wash-out

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed Oct 2 19:03:36 AKDT 2002

Arturo,

I have played with true zero dihedral in the wing.  I used this before
computer radios with allthe mixing possibilities available to us, on a Kaos,
and scared myself half to death first time I applied rudder.

I found such a wing had to be mounted very close to the thrust line, in a
true mid-wing configuration to fly well, without tucking hard down at the
same time as rolling toward the canopy, when either rudder was applied.

Theoretically a true flat wing is supposed to require no aileron
differential,  but bottom line was it did not buy much of anything.

Matthew T.