wash-out

ronlock ronlock at comcast.net
Wed Oct 2 18:33:26 AKDT 2002

I'm not aware of any current pattern designs that use wash-out.
It' generally used to improve low speed landing characteristics.
Not of much or any use in a pattern ship.

Dihedral is a matter of having the "right" amount.  Not enough
dihedral results in the plane rolling onto it's back when you
apply rudder in knife edge.  Too much dihedral and it will
roll toward the belly.

Ron Lockhart