AMA Magazine Article - the paragraph

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Tue Oct 1 06:24:05 AKDT 2002

--On Tuesday, October 01, 2002 12:39 PM +0000 Craig Miller <cmiller51 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Pardon me, I haven't kept up on this thread, but where is this article?

November AMA magazine, in a column on RC Scale Aerobatics
by Mike Hurley, p. 125.  He's quoting Chuck Hobart, who
says that pattern competitors are "very secretive and
standoffish.  Nobody wanted to help.  I felt like nobody
wanted me there and nobody wanted to talk to me."  He
went to a "couple of meets in my area."

By contrast, IMAC is filled with saints: "I felt
appreciated, I felt wanted, everyone was willing to
lend a hand, and there were no secrets.  Talking with
my buddy in Idaho, he agrees with me.  Everybody he's
met that's connected with IMAC are good people, willing
to help.  Everybody's glad that we're there.  It's just
a nice experience."

					Marty #2874
# discussion-request at nsrca.org