K.I.S.S. Hot Wire Accesory??

Marc Spicer mdspicer at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 24 14:22:39 AKST 2002

Steve/Guys,

I've been using the Sam Turner's KISS battery powered foam cutter for wheel wells and such in concert with a Wing Mfg. (purchased almost ten years ago) Pro Bow. After looking at it, it seems overpriced. I must admit that it has paid for itself over the years. The Pro Bow is used with the transformer from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty that is supplied with the Homebuilders Hotwire kit. I purchased my own dimmer switch and it has worked flawlessly for years. One day I'll encase it nicely so it doesn't look so "jerry-rigged".  To my credit, I did install jacks on both the bow and the transformer leads so I can quickly disconnect them for storage.

Steve, I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you. I tried battery chargers, toy train transformers, and didn't have nearly the success that I now enjoy with the AS&S unit and home depot switch.  If you decide to get another one, I can send you a schematic on how to set it up.

Good Luck,

Marc