K.I.S.S. Hot Wire Accesory??

mrstev0922 at aol.com mrstev0922 at aol.com
Sat Nov 23 15:13:25 AKST 2002

Hey guys,...

Currently I am constructing my first foam wing for a competition pattern
plane.  I have been banging my head against the wall for a week now, trying
to figure out how to hot wire cut the servo pocket and wheel wells, just the
way Bob Noll does in his video.

I went so far as to purchase Inconel wire from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty
as well as a Homebuilders Hotwire kit.  The hot wire kit was a "bust" because
it consisted of only a transformer and a dimmer switch and it was up to me to
design and fabricate an electrical circut.  Long story short,... transformer
got fried and no longer works!!

Plan "B" was to use the Inconel wire with my son's HO Train tranformer.
Well,... that did little good because the wire barely got hot!!  At least the
train still works though, ha!!

Then finally a friend loaned me his K.I.S.S. Hot Wire Accesory kit by Sam
Turner.  What a life saver that has been.  Now I've just gotta get one for
myself; however I can't find them available anymore!!  I can not access Sam
Turner's web site and his products are no longer available through Central
Hobbies.  Please don't tell me a great product like this is out of
production??

Can anyone tell me where to get Turners Hot Wire kit??  Or does anyone have
suggestion on how to build a foam cutter of my own??

Thank you!!

Sincerely,
Steve Teerlinck
Monson, Massachusetts