AMA rules-what are we doing?

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Tue Nov 19 16:19:27 AKST 2002

In a message dated 11/19/2002 2:40:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
av8tor at flash.net writes:

> I have to agree with Del on this one.  When I was heavy into pattern
> 1989-1991 I was doing 13 contests per year, all within a 150 mile or less
> radius (D1).   Then it seemed that the number of contest started a rapid
> decline and never bounced back.
>
> Now that I live in D3 I was trying to plot how many contest were in a 200
> mile radius this year and could only come up with 2 (Ocala, FL &
> Jacksonville, FL).  I've considered moving to the Virginia Beach area (D2),
>
> is pattern on the UpSwing there?  I guess I just live in the wrong area of
> Florida.
>
> George

You forgot the one in Melbourne in October

Regardless, even in the Northern Fla areas, you still will need to drive more
than 200 miles to attend more than a couple contests. Pensacola area is
closer to 75% of the D3 contests, but your average drive will still be 6
hours, give or take.
To belabor the obvious a little, the Southeast is not like the Northeast
where in 4 hours you could traverse 5 states.

I told you about the Ocala and Jax contests last year, via direct email, and
you did not make either. I am again inviting you to attend Ocala in late
February, Jacksonville in September, and Melbourne in October. Also, you will
have a new contest in Lakeland this coming season, third weekend in May.

Matt Kebabjian
District 3 VP