AMA rules-what are we doing?

Tony Stillman tony at radiosouthrc.com
Tue Nov 19 11:15:56 AKST 2002

George:
I have been competing in Pattern since 1976.  Been to LOTS of contests.
There was really only one contest less than 300 miles for me, and that was
the Jim Kirkland Memorial (Ft. Walton Beach).  It has ALWAYS been normal for
us around here to drive 5-8 hours to go to a contest.  Heck, I wouldn't know
how to do it any other way!  If you were able to go to 12 contests within
150 miles, that is AMAZING to me!!!

The mileage has never been an issue to me.  We would leave right after work
at 5 PM and arrive sometime between 10PM and midnight, usually.  If it was 8
hours or so, we might could get away by 3PM.  That's just the way it was.

Nothing has really changed.  There are still enough contests to go to, and
all about the same range.  Some old ones went away, and new ones took their
place.

Tony Stillman
Radio South, Inc.
3702 N. Pace Blvd.