Hyde mount Q

s.vannostrand at kodak.com s.vannostrand at kodak.com
Tue Nov 19 09:26:22 AKST 2002

No Problem Dave,
The Hyde AR mounts (black with solid disks) use Sig 60 size beams whose
flanges have been cut down to fit.   The beams are attached with 4-40 bolts
into blind nuts in the front disk face.  The faces are painted with epoxy,
so after removing the screws you should score around the beams so they
break off cleanly.  Use the old beams as an alignment gadget to drill holes
in the new beams.  Also, if some epoxy got into the 4-40 holes, you may
want to warm up the bolts with a soldering iron (minimally) so you can get
your allen wrench in and turn the bolt.

Before you do all that though, you know you can redrill the mounts.  I've
seen mounts with several holes in them and they seem to hold up fine.

---Lance

====================
A quick question for those in the know about Hyde mounts....

 I have a 140A Hyde mount that is already drilled out for my 140L.
Unfortunately the space behind it, to the face of the mount, is
non-existent. I need additional room and, rather than drill more holes in
the existing support arm, I'd like to replace the support arms and start
fresh (prior to installation in a new airframe.)

 Do they have replacement engine support brackets available? Merle Hyde's
email anyone?

 Thanks in advance,

 Dave

# discussion-request at nsrca.org