AMA rules-what are we doing?

Thomas C. Weedon weedon at wwnet.net
Mon Nov 18 00:52:25 AKST 2002

Del,
Let me caution you that Bob's "on-line" survey is not a true random survey
and therefore can not be representative of the opinions of a general
population. A true and accurate survey would sample an entire, fixed
population, take the responses (however many there are) and then generate
the statistics. This would be an accurate, scientific polling. What Bob's
survey did discover is reasons which can then become the substance of an
accurate survey of a controlled population. That's the only way you'll ever
know for sure.
After all the work is over, I still bet that most people are just not
interested, and they'll invent reasons, if need be, to make their argument
sound more reasonable. Pattern flying is just not, nor ever will be, a
popular sport enjoyed by a large minority of RC flyers.
Tom W.