Weight is not the issue!

RC Steve Sterling rcsteve at tcrcm.org
Sun Nov 17 20:48:44 AKST 2002

Actually, I could care less if a majority of our members vote. In logic, you
have true, false (yes, no) and don't care. I would far rather have the 20%
that do care enough to think through an issue, read the various opinions,
then make up their minds and vote-- versus the other 80% that are really
"don't cares" being pressured into "choosing" something without thought.

If the weight was really a burning issue in the hearts of the members, more
would have turned in surveys to ensure their voice was heard, and for and
against ratio would have been reversed. Reality is, the people that cared
spoke, the people that are satisified with the way it is  or don't care one
way or the other also spoke with their silence.