Weight

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sun Nov 17 15:39:09 AKST 2002

In a message dated 11/17/2002 2:20:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
johnferrell at earthlink.net writes:

> There are a fair number of the FAI advocates that are returning to Masters
> class because they percieve that the FAI sector is moving too fast and too
> far in the wrong direction. Perhaps we can observe their efforts and
> benefit from both their successes and failures.
>
> If you are a good pilot and can acquire good equipment, find practice time
> and manage to compete in pattern you can win contests.
>
> If you want to change rules you will have to be credible, be a salesman and
> a politician.
>
> Both require a lot of advance work!
>
> John Ferrell
> 6241 Phillippi Rd
> Julian NC 27283
> Phone: (336)685-9606
> Dixie Competition Products
> NSRCA 479 AMA 4190  W8CCW
> "My Competition is Not My Enemy"

Well said John, regarding politics and change.  Pattern over the years, has
attracted the more informed modelers, so compromise from the ensuing debate
on any issue, is the best you can hope for.

In regard to F3A folk moving to Masters, I'd like to add that some who have
made that move in the past, are moving back to F3A. Another interesting thing
I have noticed is that some people who are in Intermediate are also
practicing F3A. I know two D3 members who are doing just that. Personally I
think that is great. Having flown Masters for most of the past 10 years, I
flew the PO3 a few times this fall, and I loved it. I will fly both next
year.

Matt Kebabjian