OZ designs

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Thu Nov 14 13:44:52 AKST 2002

One of the reasons I find this list interesting is gaining an insight into
what other people in other countries do.

Once I thought about it, I was surprised at how many designs/designers we
have down here. The general mentality here is that you 'fly your own design,
if you are in FAI.
The reason I say that is because nearly all FAI pilots here steer their OD
planes!
Current wide body designs in use Down Under: Big Shot, Cyclone,Silouhette,
Arresti 3, Merlin 3, Matrix ( NZ design- Frazer Briggs), Symphony, Ecstacy,
Magician etc etc.

There's more ..but I just cant think of them right now.

I guess for a small pattern country, we do alright in that department, and
all these planes are as good as anything else out there.
Me, I started drawing years ago when I was in advanced. The idea behind that
was that I wanted 'the package' to be all sorted by the time I got to FAI.
Well, I learnt one big lesson, it is a continuos improvement process...it
never stops.

Now if  Australia could just produce a world champ!

Tom

PS: most of these are all low-tech, all built from plans the conventional
way. wood , foam etc. In my opinion... the best way