AMA rules-weight, gasers?

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Thu Nov 14 07:51:37 AKST 2002

That's the one thing about the Y.S. smoke trail I really hate: it leaves
a temporary trail of my mistakes for the judges to consider<sob!>
Bill Glaze

Gray E Fowler wrote:

> Personally, I want the weight rule to change so I can use a turbine.
> If I fly real fast my mistakes appear shorter.
>

> Gray Fowler
> Principal Chemical Engineer
> Composites Engineering
>

>  s.vannostrand at kodak.com
   Sent by:                                      To:
   discussion-request at nsrca.org          discussion at nsrca.org
                                                 cc:
   11/14/2002 09:12 AM                           Subject:        Re: AMA
   Please respond to discussion          rules-weight, gasers?

> Tom,
> I was disappointed in reading your detailed and informative message.
> How dare you inject logic and reality into an otherwise oblivious
> discussion.  Many people have commented that the current rules are
> like a house of cards.  If the weight limit changes, then we won't be
> able to control ourselves and all our rules (the other 2) will have to
> be changed too.  Plane size and noise limits will get out of control.
> New aerodynamic laws will be discovered that will force completely new
> designs that can only be made from exotic materials.  All current
> equipment will become obsolete.
>
> What has worked well in Australia has a high risk of failing here.
> The equator reverses logic.
>
> Sorry guys, maybe I didn't sleep well last night <G>.
> --Lance
>

>   "Koenig, Tom"
    <Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au>                To:        "'discussion'"
    Sent by:                             <discussion at nsrca.org>
    discussion-request at nsrca.org                cc:
                                                Subject:        AMA
    11/13/2002 06:21 PM                  rules-weight, gasers?