Weight Limit-really marketing/popularity/etc

Mike Hester kerlock at attbi.com
Tue Nov 12 15:28:43 AKST 2002

HAHAHAHA

Damn Gray I'm about to fall over!!!!

I find it sick that MA is cutting the pattern column to bi monthly because *ahem* "nobody is interested". Well DUH!!! 100 pages of nothing but park fliers and junk ARFs and useless reviews of said junk. Please.

When's the last time you saw a pattern plane on the cover of MA? I'm thinking....I honestly can't remember. I bet half the people see that Andy jesky ad and say "whut kinda plane izzat? Does it 3 dee? Don't luk like no edge..."

I also find it amusing that in the latest MA, they are talking about an online magazie and they are going to push guess what? The new exhilirating rage of R/C....PARK FLIERS!!! Gosh, I just can't contain myself. I mean, they're ok, they're cute, nothing against them, but they are cutting pattern out of the picture and replacing it with a serious push towards PARK FLIERS???? Does this mean the AMA is sick of trying to help us keep fields and wants everyone to just start flying in the back yard????

And here I thought the AMA pres was an ex-pattern pilot, and a pretty darned good one in his day. Did someone drop something on his head? Has Dave Brown gone completely insane?

Ok that was my rant for the year. Mild, but necessary.

-Mike Hester