Weight Limit problem long

s.vannostrand at kodak.com s.vannostrand at kodak.com
Mon Nov 11 09:41:54 AKST 2002

I love IMAC.  Besides being a lot of fun and a break from pattern, it
helps pattern appeal to more people.  Now Pattern is the low cost way to
enter precision aerobatics!!
--Lance

"Tomanek, Wojtek" <tomanekw at saic-abingdon.com>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org
11/11/2002 09:33 AM
Please respond to discussion

        To:     "'discussion at nsrca.org'" <discussion at nsrca.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Weight Limit problem long

Anthony

Completely agree with you.  Cost is just an excuse that is a convenient
one
because no one will ever question that.   The true cause for not wanting
join pattern is lack of discipline it takes to practice to be proficient
and
competitive.  For instance a lot of people joined IMAC because it was fun
and even though they have similar judging rules they were not implemented
as
strict as we do in pattern.  The IMAC rules are changing and their judging
is getting a lot stricter than it used to be.  Lets see how many people
will
stick with it since it is getting to be a lot more proficient flying type
as
opposed to just dong snaps and waterfalls.  Until now it has been a lot of
fun and games.   On the other hand yesterday I went to a combat contest -
and yes it was fun to watch but that is as far as it goes.  But for a lot
of
RC'ers it has a lot of appeal because it does not take that much skill to
participate - you just boring holes in the sky.