why not pattern?

John Crozier sjcrozier at comcast.net
Sun Nov 10 07:57:39 AKST 2002

I suggest a similar thread at RC Universe asking about Scale, Combat, Pylon
racing, or any other SIG would yield the same results.
Many people just don't want to compete and will find a convenient excuse not
to do so. That's fine.
I'm a firm believer in ATTRACTION rather than PROMOTION to enlist folks that
will "stick around".
It comes down to the "Bang for the Buck" syndrome.
Hundreds of flyers will show up at a big get-together and fly a race track
pattern and have a swell time doing it. That's fine.
Some folks are happy just to have a plane in the air.. I was like that until
my friend, Bill Pritchett, exposed me to a disciplined style of flying about
Four years ago.
For me, the "bang" is flying the sequence, landing, and thinking, Wow, that
wasn't too bad.. Now, if I can just keep it in the box...
I have experienced many set-backs during my Two years of competition. Most
were "newbe" mistakes that I learned from.
This has made me even more determined to improve.
EVERYBODY I have met associated with pattern have been extremely helpful and
friendly.
It is my pleasure to spread the word to all who will listen.....croz

# discussion-request at nsrca.org