- Webra 145 AAR

WHIP23 at aol.com WHIP23 at aol.com
Mon Nov 4 10:07:57 AKST 2002

In a message dated 11/4/02 10:28:02 AM Pacific Standard Time,
James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil writes:

> Interesting... My observation after running the AAR is that it is almost
> "clinically-clean", there was almost no residue all the way back to the
> stinger exhaust.  Your probably just too rich.  I have not made any
> adjustment to the Webra pumps.  I did all the pump adjuting I could wish
> for
> when using the ST2300/perry pump combos.
> Jim

No pump adjustment, not for pipe vs muffler anyway, just needle.  It does
seem to like the needle open about 1/4 turn farther, running clean, so it's
burning it and it is pulling better/harder in the air, so makes sense I
guess.  I wrote it off to the fact that there is no/not as much reflection
from pipe action so any fuel scavanged is gone, but who knows.  Still running
12 min on 16 oz so not rich enough to worry about, but different needle that
with the pipe.  I also had the midrange problem on a pipe, sometimes would
hesitate and then pop, couple of times hard enough to blow the coupler.  I
don't think it has ever happened with the muffler.  I've also gone to running
the pipe pretty long, when I run one (22+ inches to the high point) lower
static RPM, but better in the air, sounds like that "de-tune by 300 RPM"
think you were talking about.  I was running the pipe longer than most clear
back in the .60 days, makes the pipe act kinda like a governor.  I have
leaned the pump on my OS's, but not necessarily for the pipe of muffler, just
allows me to set richer on high end and not loose the midrange/transition.

Bob