- Brace yourself!!! 2-cycle pipes and coupler material

Brian Young b4598070 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 4 07:43:25 AKST 2002

That hiccup at throttle up from inverted on the Webra
is a mixture thing. I was getting that for awhile and
managed to get it to go away without changing from my
bolly590. From inverted stuff the engine would
hesitate, and sometimes pop, and sometimes blow a very
cool smoke ring, and then takeoff right? (Had a Bully
that would do the same thing if mixture was "right")

My friend has the greve pipe and it is good his Webra
will turn a bigger prop using the greve.

I also found a source for alternate 2 cycle pipe
coupler which is a silicone heater hose with a fabric
brade. It lasts longer than aerotrend. The MFR is
Pur-o-sil, Bolly uses this material, I found the
manufacture and got a foot and a half sample for
"Business Reasons". Anyway, some auto race shops carry
similar stuff.

--- Woodward James R Civ 416 FLTS/TPS

=====
Brian Young